How to transform a circuit into a module (custon component)

I have designed small circuits in Fritizing that will be used as modules in a course I teach.

I would like to turn these circuits into modules (components) so that they are easily reused by the students in the projects.

How can I make it an already completed circuit with schematic and complete PCBs in a component (module) using the component editor.

Grateful.

Can you upload - 7th button above - the .fzz here so we know what we are dealing with.

These are the modules to assist the development of a telephony workshop.

In addition to these modules there are other boards that I use commercially to support my projects in general.

Identificador Sinalização de Chamada 0.1.1.fzz (26.9 KB)
Retificador V 0.1.1.fzz (15.1 KB)
Retificador Audio V 0.1.2.fzz (22.4 KB)

If you type “rio rand” in to parts search (the magnifying glass by the parts bin) and drag the riorand lm2596 in to the breadboard view (just because this is a module I know illustrates what I’m trying to show you), this is basically what you need to do. You make an svg (probably via cut and paste from the components that you have used their breadboard.svg files using Inkscape) and arrange them til they look like the pcb (complete down to the underlying pcb material in the exact mechanical shape of the board). You then need to adjust the connectors in the svg to be in the correct places on the breadboard view to match the layout of the PCB. Then you can either use a black box (as the rio rand schematic does) schematic that only shows the pins you can connect to or you can basically put a box around your current detailed schematic (probably rearranging it so that the connectors are on the outer edges of the box) which ever works best for what you want to do (in a learning situation I would probably do the full schematic so the students can see what the components actually connect like). PCB view can be your current pcb as that is likely what the real board will look like. Your students can then drag the part in to a drawing and it will appear as the rio rand does ready for them to make the connections (most likely in breadboard view and schematic, pcb view will largely be ignored I expect). As Old_Grey said the hard part (at least for both of us :slight_smile: ) is getting the breadboard artwork to look good. I have to find other peoples good work and copy it, I can’t make one from scratch usually unless its simple. The good thing is there are lots of examples around to select things from.

1 Like