Help with magnetic stirrer diagrams

Hi,

I’m completely new to new to circuits and breadboards. I have been studying and trying my best. And I’m loving it!

I have spent more time than I on building a magnetic stirrer and the circuit to put it together. I just downloaded the fritzing software and I think is fantastic.

I have the schematic diagram and the “visual” diagram of what I need, but, I haven’t been able to put it together into a breadboard.

These images are taken from https://biohazardbrewery.wordpress.com/instruments/brewery-stirplate/

I would like to know if someone have enough time for putting this project together so I could have an idea of how it would look like into a breadboard and then I will struggle with the PCB to actually build it. Right now I just want to put together the breadboard.

I know the schematic design does not include the on/off switch and I would like to ask you guys if you could add it to the diagram.

I haven’t found anything like a fan on the database but I know you can add it.

If any of you guys could take the time to build this in fritzing I will seriously appreciate it. THX!

The characteristic of the components are the following:

• C1- Ceramic Capacitor 0.1µF rated for 25V but I have one rated for 50V
• C2- Electrolytic Capacitor 1µF rated for 25V but I have one rated for 50V
• LM317T
• R1- 120Ω ¼ W
• R2- 1kΩ 5W potentiometer
• Fan- 12VDC .15amp

Please let me know if you guys see something weird or off in this since you are the experts.

Thank you so much guys.

Hey,

for some people it is very difficult to map an abstract description like a schematic to a real physical connection on a breadboard. There is a very detailed explanation by little-scale. The Sparkfun tutorial is also worth a read, especially the schematic reference.

Fritzing can help you build the circuit on the breadboard. For this you should start to transfer the circuit diagram to the schematic view. Instead of the fan you could use the “screw terminal - 2 pins” (so just two pins you wire to +/- of the fan in the end).

If you now switch to the breadboard view the parts will be scattered all over the place and Fritzing will show you the connections between them (just like in the “visual schematic”). Now you can place the parts on the breadboard and the dotted lines show you which parts you’ll have to connect. Once you place a part, Fritzing will highlight the corresponding lines in green on the breadboard. Use wires to interconnect the lines.

As for the PCB, I think that such a simple circuit doesn’t need a PCB, that would be overkill. A veroboard or perfboard as the author of the stirplate used should be enough.

Feel free to ask any questions. A deep look into electronic circuit design with Fritzing also gives the just released book Fritzing for Inventors.