Help for 16 pins terminal creation

Hi there , first time I post here.

I need someone that could give me some time and help me to make a WAGO pin terminal, I have to use it for a project but I’m not able to create it myself. So if someone want’s to help me with this and share the component on the forum ?

The pin terminal is this one : https://eshop.wago.com/JPBC/0_5StartPage.jsp?supplierAID=233-216&catalogID=WAGO01&zone=7

Ref n° is 233-216 in Wago shop Alll the datasheet and dimensions are here.

Thanks for help and tell me if you need more informations

Up nobody is up to help me ?

The link doesn’t show anything.

Hi , sorry I didn’t expect that the link was broken … I’ll send you a datasheet, the good one is the second column of the datasheet I began to draw the bread board view but where I really have some troubles is for the PCB view …

Thanks for your answer btw.

The PCB is the easier to draw, but the more important. There has to be a rectangle of the exact dimensions, so as to know if it hits something, and in that there has to be contacts spaced accurately, because they get drilled in production.

Set out a grid with 2.54 by 5mm and snap contacts/circles to the centres. Put them in a group called copper0, and then put that in a group called copper1. copper0 is the bottom layer, and because it’s in copper1 it duplicates it on the top layer. Next make a rectangle, I would ignore the toggles and make it 12.1mm by the length for the number of pins you want, and then put that in a group called silkscreen.

Whenever you do a drawing for FZ set up a 0.100" grid for all the other views, this makes it snap to breadboard and SCH view.

To work out stuff take apart other parts, here is a video.

I checked the video you made, but can’t unserstand things with nodes, I don’t modify anything that already exists so I have to start nearly from nowhere .

I used the schematic of a screw terminal that correspond to the use of my component and I made the visual for the bredboard view.

Now the pcb is a little bit tricky for me 'cause I’m not really used to Inkscape. I foolow a tutorial that have been linked into this forum a couple of times and see if I can handle that.

Just to know I only need the PCB and schematic view because I’d like to produce my card that as already been tested with another component (it’s only a terminal)

Thank you for taking time .

Alright , I’m back after a few hours to try to work on this, I have a problem with the lines in Inkscape.

when i’m making a circle or a square the lines are going both on right and left of the grid. So when i want a circle of 2.03mm (for pads) I got a circle 2.03mm large + the half of the thikness of the line . I 'd like to make it adjust to the grid do you have any solution ?

Thanks by advance .

Edit : solved by putting 0 in thikness.

Setting the width to 0 will create a non plated through hole rather than a pad which I expect isn’t what you want. Steelgoose’s answer to me in

[New options for small signal diodes and a fix for the 1n4001 in breadboard]

“There is a way to set the drill hole size to 0.035” in Inkscape: First, open the dialog box
"Fill and Stroke", and click the tab “Stroke style”, set the units to Inches and width to
0.020". Now go the the tool bar and set the units to inches and the width and height to
0.075". Shazam!.. The outside diameter of the circle including the stroke-width minus the
stroke-width x 2… leaves you the inside of the circle (drill size). CorelDraw is a little
different, the toolbar dimensions are the actual dimensions of the circle and the
stroke-width is in a separate window…"

works for me as long as the translates aren’t too deep (and I’m working on a way of getting rid of the damn translates).

(edit:) If you don’t already have an external gerber viewer you may want to grab a copy of the Geda one from

[https://sourceforge.net/projects/gerbv/files/gerbv/}

I was making the invalid assumption that because PCB view looked fine my footprints were correct. gerbv demonstrated that I was mistaken, and I’m now working on correcting the parts I have created and posted … To use it in Fritzing with your pcb loaded do:

file->Export->production->Extended Gerber

then pick a directory and click select folder and it will write the gerbers for your board there.
You can then see what Fritzing really produced from your footprints (some of mine look very different (and wrong) there while looking fine in Fritzing.

Peter Van Epp

Hi there , Thank for your complete answer, I didn’t understand everything but it seems that you think I do not have the correct sizes for holes pads. But I do have the right sizes.

The problem was that with a width set at more than 0 you have the pad size + the thickness of the line so when you use a 0 set-up you have just the right size.

I’m really not familiar with the solution you gave me and tried to have a look on it. I think I’ll have to really get through it to understand how your method work ^^

I think I had the right result with inkscape and the tutorial I followed ( in french but i can give it to you if you’re interested)

Coming back to you if it not fits to what I want because I need to make a command at the end of the week.

Amaury.

I’m back , I managed to make the pcb view and I want to add this on fritzing , I’m editing the component , choosing a view and assign pins to my pcb, but I got a problem on Inkscape I put two layers one called copper0 #copper0 and the other one copper1 #copper1 but fritzing tells me that he can’t use two layers. How can I make two layers on my component ?

One layer needs to be embedded inside the other; copper0 inside copper1 or vice verse…

<g id="copper1" transform="translate(57.778 51.111)">
     <g id="copper0" stroke="#ffbf00" fill="none">
         <rect id="rect3387" height="62" width="62" y="19" x="10" stroke-width="20"/>
         <circle id="connector0pin" r="27.5" cy="50" cx="42" stroke-width="20"/>
         <circle id="connector1pin" r="27.5" cy="50" cx="542.22" stroke-width="20"/>
     </g>
 </g>

wow, thanks but how can I put this into inkscape ? =)

In the video, the XML Editor. The video is not just for modifying nodes, it tells you the basics.

You could just do it in a text or xml editior…

In the xml editor in inkscape, drag the one layer inside the other or delete the one layer and create a new one outside the other…

In the old version of FZ you had two separate layers, Now you only have on set embedded inside the other.

Thank you for the tip, I didn’t thought to look at what you post before Old_Grey , I manage to put copper1 and 0 into the same layer, I have no more error when loading it into fritzing and in the view panel when i show Top or bottom layer I got 2 differentlayers so that’s ok.

The last thing is that I have a red rectangle in the middle of my pcb drawing and I don’t really know where it come from if you know something about it let me know

You don’t have all of your pins in the .fzp assigned to the pins it the pcb.svg. Look in your .fzp and make sure they are the same name as in your pcb.svg. A common mistake is that in the .fzp the pin may be labeled connector3pad but in the .svg it may be labeled connector3pin. Check to see that all of the connector##pin in the .fzp are assigned to a pin in the .svg and have an idential pin ID name (connector##pin).

Alright thank you for support I’m on it !

I have sometime miss numbered or misspelled the pin names…

I can see that you have been through this ^^
I have one more question I only have 16 pins that are named because they are the only one connected but I have 16 more pins to just block the component on the booard do i have to give them names and connections on fritzing ? :confused:

Not sure I understand your question… Every pin name in the .fzp has to be assigned to a pin in the .svg, or you will have that big red square in the middle. But every pin in the .svg does not need to be assigned to a pin in the .fzp… If you have extra pins in the copper1/copper0 layers, they will appear as copper rings on you PCB with no connections. The pin ID:“name” can be whatever, does not make any difference…