Fritzing Crashes in OSX El Capitan

Steps I took that resulted in the problem:

In the bottom right, you can see I was trying to change the package of the Atmega328. I can change it a few times without Fritzing crashing, but then it randomly crashes when I try to change it.

What I expected should have happened instead:

The package should have changed and frizzing should not have crashed.

My version of Fritzing and my operating system:

Fritzing 0.9.2. OSX El Capitan.

By the way, it might just be a problem with El Capitan. Apple put new restrictions on where files can be accessed. (Or something like that.)

Thanks, that one will be hard to track down… I don’t think it’s the new access protection you’re mentioning, since we’re not doing any file system operations for that function.

Does it only happen with that particular part?

Weird. I just tested a few other parts, and frizzing didn’t crash.

@fa1: Can you check if there’s something wrong with the Atmega328 parts?

sorry, i tested it for 5min swapping the atmega between all packages and variants without any crash.
but i am on win7 64bit. maybe really just osx el capitan?

I just tested the Atmega328 on a mac running OSX Mavericks and it didn’t crash. Does that help?

I can confirm the crash on El Capitan. I think it’s because the “part swapping algorithm” is getting confused by the duplicate properties here:

This is because in the core library we are using package and type, while the SparkFun library uses variant and version. After clicking around a bit, it ends up in an instable state:

The next property change then leads to a crash. The way to fix it would be to make the SparkFun parts also use package and type. @fa1, can you take care of that?