First part for review

The font size change is caused by Inkscape putting px after the font size number such as 80px if your remove the px leaving only the number the problem goes away. I have to do that in an external text editor which is a pain and a pain to remember to do but it does work. It is also a hidden time bomb, in that many times the first part edit works fine lulling you into thinking its fine, and it changes the font size to 0 on the second edit … Changing the order of my text changes to the start and then making copper layer changes after seems to work for me so text is just somewhat sensitive with Inkscape not entirely impossible as I was beginning to think :slight_smile: . Indeed being able to move the rectangle on the copper in to copper0 also works fine so thank you again.

Peter Van Epp

Are you actually hacking the XML .fpz file to remove the px.

Moving stuff around with XML Editor in Ink is easy but sometime it goes totally berserk, so I’m trying stuff to figure out if it’s FZ or Ink. Ink svgs do it if you UnIndent too much, but FZ svgs can go crazy just on a raise node.

EDIT
Where did everyone get their fonts from.
In Ink the OCR A extended is not the same as a googled OCRA font, which explains why I keep getting that font error, and Droid is something I don’t see in ink.
Also in Ink you can’t change the font with the top bar, explains why it keeps reseting back to OCR A Extended, you have to open the text and font box and do it there.

No I edit the svg file from Inkscape and remove them from all the font related entries for example this one from a schematic svg

style=“font-size:48.61109924px;font-family:‘Droid Sans’;text anchor:middle;fill:#000000;stroke:none”

Inkscape will reinsert that px every time it loads and saves the svg and after a parts edit or 2 Fritzing will set the fonts to 0 size. The fonts I’m using are from the Fritzing graphics temple at

http://fritzing.org/learning/tutorials/creating-custom-parts/download-fonts-and-templates/

The fonts are in the zip file and you run them to install them.

Peter Van Epp

Ahh the style line, I’ve been looking in the font size line.

I think I installed fonts from some other download - didn’t know enought to notice they didn’t show up - now I have the official fonts and they come up in Ink.

EDIT
Just noticed that there is EDIT/Preferences in Ink, maybe select a different font unit.

OK, finally my next attempt. At this point the only issue I’m aware of is that sometimes when I load the part the schematic view is rotated 90 degrees. Exit and load again and it may come out correct with no changes to the part. I don’t know if that is caused by an error somewhere or not. In any case I’ve cleaned up the meta data and I think this should be at least close to correct if folks would have a look and point out issues. VALOR _PM6078-04_DC-DC_Converter_v1.fzpz (8.7 KB)

Peter Van Epp

I can’t see anything wrong, so we will see what Steel says.

Dido! I can’t find anything wrong with it either. For the schematic view or any view, the part to come up rotated or way off center of page is a Fritzing thing. Don’t know why it does it… it just does.

Good job Peter