Design layout for custom perfboard

First-time user of fritzing here - hi, folks.

I recently bought a custom perfboard. How would I go about creating it as a “template” for use in fritzing?

https://www.thanassis.space/perfboard.jpg

The closest I could get by default was to set the proper number of holes (20x36 - since I had to include the space for the ones that are used for power and ground lines - see photo)

But the layout is neither horizontal nor vertical strips - it’s both, as you can see.

How can I create that layout in fritzing? Any pointers/videos?

Any help much appreciated - I’ll upload the layout on my site for others to re-use, if I end up being able to make it.

UPDATE: This seems to be related, from the Fritzing source repo:

https://github.com/fritzing/fritzing-app/blob/30942e950c38370606a6d3c5f39edf966c932bb8/resources/templates/stripboards.xml

Can anyone explain the format used here? I could in theory programmatically create the related file for my perfboard.

I don’t know, and I have very limited working with pref, but what do you want to make, i.e. is it complicated.

My experience with pref in BB view is that there isn’t enough part drawings in BB view to make a perfect sketch.

Like the BB view of a resistor is 400mil, and in real life you can make ¼W 300mil, but to do it in BB view you have to use the bendable legs fit 300mil and place the resistor to the side. If the sketch isn’t complicated and you have lots of room it should be ok.

The next problem is making a pref. I don’t know how to do a custom one so I tried to make your board with small sections of pref from the Bin, but it won’t allow 1 row horiz boards.

PCB view is accurate real life, so in theory you could make a custom pref with via’s set on a 100mil grid, but that would be a last resort if no one knows how to do the BB pref.

NOTE pref = stripboard

EDIT
Damn, I just remembered you can click between holes to make or break tracks so that you can make that board

Damn, I just remembered you can click between holes to make
or break tracks so that you can make that board

Away from my computer right now, but thanks - I’ll try it.