Connecteur JST-XH 2.54mm

Hello everyone!
Before going further, is there a forum page in French? If so can you please give me the link? Thanks in advance.
So I am looking for a library for Connectors JST-XH 2.54mm, would you have a link to download this library if it exists?
Again thanks to you.
Happy holidays and happy new year 2019
Cordially.
@ ++
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Bonjour tout le monde!
Avant d’aller plus loin y a-t-il une page du forum en français? Si oui pouvez vous svp me donnez le lien? D’avance merci.
Donc je suis à la recherche d’une librairie pour les Connecteurs JST-XH 2.54mm, auriez vous un lien pour télécharger cette librairie si elle existe?
Encore merci à vous.
Bonne fêtes et bonne année 2019
Cordialement.
@++

There is the “other languages” category , but you will usually be best off in the standard forums (I and others use google translate to try and help with questions in other languages with varying success rates :slight_smile: ). Of late there hasn’t been a lot of activity in the forums in any language, but at least signup is now fixed (many thanks to Andre for that!) so hopefully that may change.

Don’t see a part for that particular series (google for fritzing part JST-XH 2.54mm will generally find anything out there) but a standard shrouded header from core parts should do what you need. From the core parts bin in connection, drag the square header (the first icon) in to any view and then click on it. In Inspector (the bottom right window) you can now adjust the size and type of the part. In this case you want to select the “form” pull down and select “shrouded male”. You can then adjust the number of pins to be whatever you need and it will change the connector to match. That will generate a schematic and pcb view with .1 spaced pads which should fit this part fine (the silkscreen may not be quite big enough so you need to keep that in mind when placing parts near the connector). If you have troubles making this work, upload the .fzz file of your sketch (upload is the 7th icon from the left in the reply toolbar) and one of us will give you some help.

Peter

I had a look at the shrouded part there, however, it only allows me to make double row shrouded headers.
I’m checking if there is an easier way than copying and customizing a 4 pin header part myself. My main thought is to make sure I leave enough space between these headers for the JST XH type.

Type jst in to the part search (magnifying glass) and similar connectors from Sparkfun come up. If they don’t work then you would likely be at make your own.

Peter

I finally built these myself - I made do back then with just using the stand-in Dupont style headers - but it caused some assembly gotchas.

This time - done it better. https://github.com/orionrobots/fritzing-parts
Warning - these have no schematic or PCB representation - only really useful in the breadboard view.