Thanks for the replies everyone. I wasn't able to reply for about the last 30 hours because my account was under review for some reason. Anyway, I found a way to bring the LEDs to the front, but it's not reliable, and it doesn't seem to last once the program is closed and reopened. But for what I'm doing, that is sort of ok as I really just need the screenshot. Though I really wish it would last when I closed the program because I often have to go back to these files, make a change, and take a new screenshot.
Anyway, what I found was that if I select all the LEDs by shift clicking them one at a time, and then I delete them, and then press CTRL+Z to undo, it will place the LEDs on top of the wires. But ... #1. it doesn't always work. I haven't yet figured out what conditions trigger it. #2. When it does work, it doesn't always put all the LEDs on top. Sometimes I'll see that there are still 1 or 2 that appear under a wire.
But when it does work.... I get this...
Finally, I'll include this link to a PDF I'm working on (1 of many) that shows what I'm doing. As you can see in the PDF, all of this breadboard stuff is being done in an iterative way as to explain a process.
Video showing what I'm building.