Cant open my file!

hi

I was working on my project for 2 freaking days and after i have finished it i made a simple screenshot and i have closed the program. When i have tried to open file again i couldnt.

It says: "Unable to open: ‘path/blabla/nameofproject.fzz’: zip.open(): %d"
And file has now 0 KB!

I just HOPE that i did not lose my whole project!?

Sorry to hear this and especially sorry to be the one to say it is most likely lost forever. You can read about my experience with this problem Auto Save (Help or Hinder) .

Got that as well.
After looking at various posts on this topic I tried one solution to open the .fzz files with a zip program. I used 7-zip and inside the .fzz here was a .fz file. I extracted this .fz file and opened it with Fritzing, and… found it there without problem!!
I did that with the 3 files that had problems and all opened ok.
However, when I saved them as .fzz files, I was still unable to open them again.
Not sure what’s the problem, maybe something in Fritzing itself, but at least I can get my files back.
Hope that helps

If you upload one of the dead .fzz files (upload is 7th icon from the left in the reply menu) one of us will look it over and see if we can correct the problem. It may also indicate a problem with your Frtizing install if the .fzz file opens for us.

Peter

here they are.
Make sure to open the files from a synced folder (Google drive or else), because I found that’s the reason it does not open them…
When I copy them to a “normal” folder I can open them.
I updated an item on Github with this detail.

Best regards,

1-Bouton_LED.fzz (3.5 KB) 2-LED_Wifi.fzz (3.1 KB)

Ah! They will likely open fine for me then, as I’m not on a network drive. It is still odd (and possibly a bug) that they won’t open from a network drive though.

Peter

google drive is not ‘just’ a network drive. It uses a shadow folder locally, and either copy of a file (local or network) can be updated asynchronously. The google drive code regularly (but not instantaneously) updates each with changes made to the other. So from described symptoms, I expect that Fritzing is/was not reading the actual latest version. It was getting a ‘cached’ version. Explicitly copying to a local folder probably forces synchronization by the google drive app/driver.

Hey All,

I too am having issues opening a file getting the %d error, I also tried the 7zip solution, that also did not work for me. I tried to rename the file to just a .fz file and got a new error saying parse error. Not sure what to do.

Here is the file and I am trying to do this on both PC (Windows10 Pro) and Mac (Big Sur). Attaching the original file I downloaded. I also have the most recent Fritzing 0.9.6.

._light_striker_LYMnV8wtRv.fzz (4 KB)

Your file appears to have been corrupted. It doesn’t appear to be a .fzz file, although it may be pointing to a cloud location that isn’t currently accessable perhaps or the system thought it was a virus since “quarantine” appears in the file.

$ cat light_striker_LYMnV8wtRv.fzz
Mac OS X 2▒▒ATTR;▒▒▒▒▒*▒9com.apple.quarantineHcom.apple.maclFBe▒%com.apple.metadata:kMDItemWhereFroms0081;6099b728;Chrome;E49CAFBF-4147-4F94-A2B3-DC58158F9B7F▒▒x▒▒CY▒TR▒▒tlbplist00▒
[https://hacksterio.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/attachments/764680/light_striker_LYMnV8wtRv.fzz_https://create.arduino.cc/
i▒This resource fork intentionally left blank ▒▒

Peter

1 Like

Thank you @vanepp. Seems like I’ll have to figure out another way.

I’d suggest looking at the url in the file, it looks like there may be a copy in the amazon cloud somewhere although I don’t know anything about Macs particularly.

Peter