Can't find a SMD Mono 3.5mm jack in fritzing parts

Hello everyone,

Is there anybody out there who happens to have fritzing part designed for a surface mount 3.5mm mono jack of any type? I haven’t been able to find one and am not versed at all at creating parts from scratch.
Thank you!

If you have a pointer to a data sheet I can make one easily enough. I did make one for someone but it is through hole (and may have been 1/4 inch as well).

Peter

Thank you so much Peter!!! So cool.
I don’t have a real data sheet for it but this is hopefully enough specs to go on.
http://www.qingpu-electronics.com/en/products/WQ-PJ320B-176.html

Yep that has the recommended footprint which is what is needed. I should have a part together in a bit.

Peter

Very sweet and very much appreciated!

Here is the part. As always before ordering boards you need to check the footprint against an actual part to make sure it is correct. A few points, it appears to be a stereo jack not mono. The part is somewhat odd in that I made the mounting holes through hole with pads (with the suggested 1.2mm hole) so you can solder down the legs to make the part more stable. I’m not entirely sure that the drawing is for a pcb footprint as opposed to a description of the physical part. I assumed footprint and if that is not correct a 1.2mm hole may be too small. I also used the right and left pins from a Sparkfun part so they may not be in the correct order (the drawing only has pin numbers.) In any case try it and see if it works.

3.5mm Audio Jack-wq-pj320b.fzpz (7.7 KB)

edit2: I finally remembered I promised to fix this. I just replaced the part with a standard SMD part that appears to work. The holes are just holes with no pads (because I can’t make pads work).

edit: then again, this part as it stands has problems when moved to the bottom of the board. The presence of both copper layers appears to break the move to the bottom of the board code. This part is OK for checking the footprint works, but otherwise shouldn’t be used til it is fixed.

Peter

Ah crap! I’m so so sorry I don’t know how I thought this was a Mono jack! :frowning:

Everything looks great and works well given that I would need it for the top layer anyways but very sadly I can’t use it because if it being stereo. I feel pretty silly.
I found this one as a replacement from DigiKey but totally understand if you don’t want to do it again. I’m not sure how long the parts creation process is for you!
Data Sheet: (for an actual mono jack…)

DigiKey Link:
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cui-inc/MJ-3523-SMT-TR/CP-3523MJCT-ND/669691

Not a problem, part creation is fairly fast as long as you are familiar with it. A new one should be up in a while.

Peter

Amazing, Thank you Peter!

Here is the new part, as always check the footprint against a real part before ordering boards.

3.5mm Audio Jack-mj-3523-smt.fzpz (7.6 KB)

Peter

Thanks Peter! This looks great, I’ll check it out soon. :slight_smile:
Take care,
E

Hi Peter,

any chance that you could help me with the component below
http://www.qingpu-electronics.com/en/products/WQP-PJ2010-116.html

I’m trying to put together a PCB order and I’d like to stick with parts that I already have.

Thank you so much in advance,
Alessandro

I can make a part easily enough, but the pin number to pin mapping doesn’t appear to be present, and the part won’t fit on a pcb (the bottom two connectors could but the side one won’t connect.) I would guess the side connector is likely the sleeve but that leaves the two other connectors unclear although I guess either order would probably do. Are you planning on mounting the connectors on a panel and using wires to connect t o the pcb or do you want to connect the bottom two connectors to the pcb and use a wire for the third connection?

edit: here is a part, set to attach via wires to the pcb. If you need one that has the bottom 2 pins on the pcb that is a trivial (at least for me :slight_smile: ) change. The tip and switch pins may be backwards (as for that matter may be sleeve) as there are no pin locations in the data sheet.

wgp-pj2010.fzpz (4.5 KB)

which looks like this:

Peter