3PDT switch / toggle part?

does anybody have it?

3PDT switch / toggle 9 poles

I have a 3P3T rotary that I can modify and send you.

i did actually built one myself and posted on an old thread.
would be nice if you can download and tell me if is correct. as this was my very first attempt

see:

michael,

can you please share the rotary switch? i noticed the default i have has only one pole…

Here are the 2 switches I have made.
a 3 Pole 3 Position Rotary Switch:
Rotary_Switch_3P3T.fzpz (8.5 KB)

And a 3 pole double throw toggle switch:
NKK M2032SS1W01 3PDT Toggle Switch.fzpz (70.4 KB)

Hope these help you

Mike

1 Like

Thanks for the 3PDT switch part, Mike. It has helped me enormously.

Hello,
This really helped me out a lot but I need the 3PDT switch with holes through the middle of the pads. Can you help make it or point me in the direction to add the holes? In the one I downloaded they’re just coming out as pads.

This should do what you want. I took the original and renamed it to NKK_M2032SS1W03_3PDT_Toggle_Switch (which is the pc pin version of the part, but should still fit the original solder lug part as well) to create this new part. As always before ordering boards print out the pcb footprint at 1:1 scale and check it against a real part (because I don’t have one to check!) This one has holes in the pads.

NKK_M2032SS1W03_3PDT_Toggle_Switch.fzpz (37.9 KB)

Peter

Awesome, thank you. Should I (or anyone reading) need to make adjustments to hole spacing, how would I go about that?

My lugs are .8mm x 2mm with a gap of 4mm between faces (between two of the long sides) and 3.3mm between the sides (the shorter sides)

Unfortunately Fritzing doesn’t easily do slots. As a result you need to use a 2mm hole (which is huge) to accommodate the long side of the tab (leaving a large gap on the shorter side) or use wires. To change the hole size you need to edit the pcb svg with an svg editor such as Inkscape and adjust the radius of the pad. For Inkscape (the other editors are likely different) the calculation is

hole-size = pad-diameter - (2 * stroke-width)

I can change the part to look like the measurements above if you like.

edit:

Since it is easy for me (less so for you very likely!) here is a modified part with 0.079in (slightly more than 2mm) holes with 4mm pitch wide and 3.3mm pitch vertical.

generic-3pdt-switch.fzpz (37.7 KB)

Peter

1 Like

Awesome, thank you. This works like a dream!